Personal Effects & Household Goods

All goods arriving into Australia, including those arriving unaccompanied by a person must be cleared by Australian Customs. The owner of the goods can clear them or have a nominated person, such as a relative or customs broker do it on their behalf.

You will need to complete an Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement (available from all Australian Customs Offices and Customs Brokers) and produce your passport, detailed packing list, and other shipping documents in order to have your goods cleared and released.

If you do not use the services of a broker, you should contact the Australian Customs Office to arrange clearance.

Australian Customs may inspect your goods upon arrival into Australia. Duty free concessions do not apply to goods arriving into Australia as unaccompanied effects, except when imported by a person migrating to Australia.

Download our Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement.